Women Leaders at Work is a book for the career-oriented professional, women and men, who are ready to move beyond the traditional negative media hype about “women can’t”. It is for those who want to tap the message of experience. It is an inspirational choice for young women who want to understand exactly how successful women, today, become successful leaders and how they define success for themselves. It is an excellent choice for mature women who want motivation and the encouragement of peers as they chart their own leadership course.
Why This Book:
Women Leaders at Work showcases women who have succeeded and how they did so. It is a career-oriented book consisting of personal interviews with eighteen women at or near the top of the profession in an interesting array of targeted fields of professional endeavor.
It provides women with a range of examples and experiences from which they can learn about the key decisions they might make on their way up the career ladder. The book taps the wisdom and advice of contemporary women in leadership in business, education, sciences/medicine, politics/government, the military and major nonprofit entites. It provides a modern guide in a modern world where women are investors and entrepreneurs; women are guiding our major academic institutions; women are providing solutions to our major healthcare issues; women are in charge of federal, state and local public offices; women are on the frontlines of our national defense efforts; and women are heads of major corporate and charitable foundations.
- Who are the women in leadership at work in the modern millenium?
- How did they come to take on these challenges?
- What do they advise those who would follow in their footsteps?
What You Will Learn:
- Identify personal strategies for coping with challenges on the way to your career goal.
- Learn interesting techniques for dealing with the obstacles of career progress.
- Recognize potential mentorship behaviors on the part of people that surround you and inspire you.
- Fine-tune your awareness of factors adding to your forward progress.
- Develop a mind-set that attracts successful role models.
- Gather evidence that enables you to counter the negative messages the confront career women in the media and in their lives.